Alex Birch on 24 Jan 2004 14:12:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] WANTED: Linux Systems Programmer

Daniel,

What is the salary range? Is there going to be any MPI development? What about giving seminars on how to use MPI or Linda?

Cheers,
Alex

If you're interested with this resume and the salary is in the right ballpark, I can get back to you with a more developed clustering resume.

Daniel Widyono wrote:

Greetings!

Linux Systems Programmer Wanted

We are looking to hire a Linux Systems Programmer, position available
starting February 2nd, 2004.  Responsibilities would include software,
hardware, and networking diagnostics, managing over 320 computers running
Linux, maintenance of a Linux cluster management software suite, and
supporting the users of several clusters.

The individual filling this position will work directly with me, and
together we will form the core Liniac team, which is a subgroup of a larger
community of nine experienced Unix systems administrators and several other
Unix, Windows, and network administrators.  This community manages servers
and workstations for Penn's Engineering School and its affiliates, while
Liniac supports research groups in various schools at the University of
Pennsylvania.

We are a friendly, professional, and highly skilled group of systems
administrators, and we create and help sustain an educational and nurturing
IT environment for all of our co-workers.

You may send resumes directly to me via widyono_AT_liniac.upenn.edu, the
order of format preference being: plain text, PDF, OpenOffice, MS Word, or
via UPenn's HR web site:

	https://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=178290

This is a full-time position with generous health, education, and retirement
benefits.  The University of Pennsylvania is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer.  Please see the formal job posting for further
details, as well as our web site http://www.liniac.upenn.edu.

Regards,
Dan Widyono