Jon Nelson on 25 Jan 2004 14:32:02 -0000

[PLUG] Apache/php/Debian

I am running:

Debian sarge
2.4.22-1-686-smp
php 4.3.3
Apache 1.3.29

Apache will not start with mod_php4 enabled.  There are no errors in the
logs nothing on the command line, it says it starts, puts a pid in the pid
file but no processes are running.  Disabling mod_php4 allows Apache to
start.

I also have apache-perl installed, which has a similar problem.  The only
difference is that if I cause mod_php4 to load first it works.

I have tried setting up the same modules for both, but apache still will
not start.

Funny thing is that it used to work fine until I got a recent upgrade to
apache via 'apt-get upgrade', which caused apache to segfault.  I was able
to fix it, by installing apache-perl.  Removing apache-perl does not
restore the segfault condition.

Any ideas why apache will not start?

TIA,

Jon

--
Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin., CCNA
Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation