Stephen Gran on 25 Jan 2004 15:13:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Apache/php/Debian

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 09:31:03AM -0500, Jon Nelson said:
> I am running:
>
> Debian sarge
> 2.4.22-1-686-smp
> php 4.3.3
> Apache 1.3.29
>
> Apache will not start with mod_php4 enabled.  There are no errors in the
> logs nothing on the command line, it says it starts, puts a pid in the pid
> file but no processes are running.  Disabling mod_php4 allows Apache to
> start.
[...]

If you're running sarge, try `querybts -w php4`  You'll see half a
dozen or more bugs related to this very issue.  I think one of them had
a partial solution, but I don't remember it right now, sorry.

|  Stephen Gran                  | There is a certain impertinence in      |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | allowing oneself to be burned for an    |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | opinion.   -- Anatole France            |