Walt Mankowski on 29 Jan 2004 19:01:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Measuring the memory usage of a process

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 12:17:29PM -0500, Mark M. Hoffman wrote:
> Sorry, I don't know.  Read the source? ;)

If I wasn't too lazy to read the source, would I have emailed PLUG? :)
I'm guessing maybe wait3(2) isn't returning the memory usage
information.  I'll report back if I find anything out.

> Maybe they're just not there.

Sounds like it, but it's hard to understand why not.  Linux is clearly
keeping track of the information internally, since it shows up under
/proc.

> A couple bog-standard Linux boxes give the same results here,
> so I don't think you've misconfigured anything (if that's what
> you're after).

bog-standard?

Walt