Doug Muth on 31 Jan 2004 17:16:02 -0000

[PLUG] New guy (to the list, not to Linux!)

	Hi folks,

	I /just/ found the PLUG and this associated mailing list earlier
today, thanks to the user "marnanel" on Live Journal.  It's kinda sad that
I've been living in the Philly area for upwards of 2 years now and I was
completely oblivious to the existance of the PLUG.  Argh! :-)

	Um, like the subject says, I'm not entirely new to Linux.  I've
been using it as my primary OS since early 1996, when I was annoyed at
Windows 3.1 having horrible multi-tasking, which meant I couldn't do other
things when downloading files from BBSes.  I ended up giving Slackware 2.2
a try, and got hooked.

	I work in Center City, so I shouldn't have any difficulty making
it to the next meeting, which appears to be scheduled on this coming
Wednesday.  I'll be bringing a printout of my GnuPG/PGP public key
fingerprint with me, and I hope to be able to meet some fellow
enthusiasts.  See you all then!

	Cheers,

--
Douglas Muth  *  Philadelphia, PA, USA