Rob Carlson on 3 Feb 2004 14:47:02 -0000

[PLUG] RE: verizon DSL

My experience with both Comcast and Verizon is to just say you did everything they said. Another tack is to use terms they don't understand (while not saying Linux) like "can't ping or traceroute beyond my local IP address", or "I can resolve IP addresses, not hostnames", or something like that. Another helpful thing to say is "I only have one little light thingy lit up, and I usually have 5." Usually some combination of this will get them to do the remote reset of the router you want.

You can do a lot while NEVER saying "Linux". My friend said when they ask you what Operating System you have, you should say "Gateway."

Rob