Mike Leone on 4 Feb 2004 16:00:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] PLUG Meeting Announcement - "Writing Kernel Modules" - Wed, Feb. 4, 2004

gabriel rosenkoetter (gr@eclipsed.net) had this to say on 02/04/04 at 10:41:
> On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 09:33:57AM -0500, Mike Leone wrote:
> > >   http://www.phillylinux.org/keys/participate.html
> > Thanks; I was in a hurry, and didn't have time to include the direct link.
>
> No problem.
>
> > We have 2 new members who wish to keysign tonight, BTW.
>
> They know to bring key slips, right?

So they say. Edward Arrington, and .. someone else, whose email I seem to
have misplaced. Doug Muth is his name; I believe he said he will be bringing
his info. I will forward over the participate page to his email address on
his key.

> > Both keys are already on the public keyring.
>
> That reminds me. It's well past time we had a
> {www,pgp}[keys[erver]].phillylinux.org (any preferences on what to
> actually use are welcome).
>
> Who controls DNS for phillylinux.org? Ah, MCT. I'll set something
> up and populate it with the current keyring. You know, "real soon
> now."
>
> (The idea here, btw, is that we'd have a keyserver running in tandem
> with the keyring file on the website. Some people may prefer the
> file, I certainly prefer a keyserver. We'd want the keyserver to
> ONLY have PLUG keys in it; I'm inclined to enforce that by removing
> non-PLUG keys by hand, unless that gets to be really burdensome,
> rather than restricting submit access.)

There's only like 3 non-PLUG keys on there; the MS key, for verifying their
security releases; some organizations (SANS, CERT). Don't think there are
any others, altho I don't see where it could hurt to put up the signing key
for some of the major distributions on there, as a convenient place to have
them. In case anyone needs to verify some downloaded update or something.

Actually, that SANS/CERT one might have been replaced, I don't know. Well,
we can decide to clean it up, if we decide to have our own keyserver (which
I think is an interesting idea, BTW).