Jason on 6 Feb 2004 18:23:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] What became of the wireless mesh talk?

On Thursday 05 February 2004 12:20 am, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> After the meeting tonight, I was asked (by someone who I know both
> by face and probably by name, but not the two together; my sincerest
> apologies--speak up, and I'll know next time) if anything ever came
> of the bold talk about establishing a wireless mesh network around
> Philly, probably starting with Delaware County/Swarthmore.

> If you want to catch up on what's already been said, I think the
> threads about this from last summer start around here:
>
>   http://lists.netisland.net/archives/plug/plug-2003-06/msg00116.html
>   http://lists.netisland.net/archives/plug/plug-2003-06/msg00198.html
>
> If anyone went to this wireless workshop:
>
>   http://lists.netisland.net/archives/plug/plug-2003-06/msg00114.html
>
> that's probably be helpful.
>
> (Hey! Look at that, archives! Great! Thanks, MCT!)
>
> Also, Nelson:

You might also want to check the archives for references to the d-w_talk
mailing list.

The only reference I have available at the moment is the email address:
d-w_talk@airpower.com

That said, I subscribed to the list and mainly see a lot of info for sales and
deals on commercial equipment, etc. Not much discussion on what would really
be involved in setting up the mesh, status, etc,

Cheers,
Jason Nocks
--
XP/Agile Coach, Mentor, and Software Engineer
SourceXtreme, Inc.