tom on 9 Feb 2004 00:46:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] What became of the wireless mesh talk? What can I do to help?

On Saturday 07 February 2004 23:04, Magnus wrote:
> On Saturday, February 7, 2004, at 09:37  PM, tom wrote:
> > That would be me.  As I mentioned to you, I have a couple of
> > 486DX4-100 single
> > board computers that I'd be willing to donate to the project.  The
> > have a
> > 10BaseT connection, PC104 connector and can boot from flash (among
> > other
> > features).  I'm also an engineering tech, so I know electronics and RF
> > well.
>
> Hold onto it.  You may want it for your own node.  Ideally any spec

I have 3 or 4 of the SBCs to donate, that would make decent routers.  I have
some others for my own play.

> that comes out of this project will be OS and hardware agnostic such
> that you can use anything you want for hardware and OS (so long as you
> get the protocols and the RF spec right).  And where are you located?

<snip>

Unfortunately, Royersford is a little hard to hit from Swarthmore unless your
laptop runs of a large diesel generator. <g>

Tom