M.Simons on 13 Feb 2004 06:02:02 -0000

[PLUG] OT: Willliam Gibson, etc. at Free Library TUESDAY

I'm most-likely not going to be able to make it since I rescheduled a
meeting for the 17th. :'( I believe William Gibson is Free.  This is at
the Central Library in Philadelphia - one word of warning... get there
EARLY!! I went to (or tried) to go to the Kurt Vonnegut talk which was in
way overflow!

William Gibson - Pattern Recognition
Tuesday 2/17/04 (7 p.m.)
Few authors can be credited with birthing a genre, but with his remarkable
science fiction novel Neuromancer, William Gibson did just that. The father
of "cyberpunk," Gibson imagined cyberspace and the matrix long before
either was a blip on the world's radar.

Brian Greene - Fabric of the Cosmos
Thursday 2/19/04
Physicist Brian Greene is the best-selling author of The Elegant Universe -
inspiration for the PBS series and finalist for the Pulitzer Prize. Fabric
of the Cosmos is a whirlwind tour of physics from Newton through Einstein
and on to more recent breakthroughs.   Tickets through UpStages at (215)
569-9700

Erik Larson - The Devil in the White City
Tuesday 2/24/04 (7 p.m.)
Erik Larson's (Isaac's Storm) latest book The Devil in the White City is a
true story that chronicles the intersection of the lives of a serial killer
and the architect behind the 1893 Chicago World's Fair. Devil was nominated
for the National Book Award in 2003.

Nelson George - Post-Soul Nation
Thursday 2/26/04 (7 p.m.)
One of the leading commentators on black American culture, Nelson George is
a contributor to Rolling Stone Encyclopedia of Rock and Roll and a
writer/producer for television and film. Appearance made possible by the
Field Family Teen Author Series

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY www.michaelsimons.com
Creative Arts Resource Project : PTMaterials Exchange : www.pleasetake.org