Paul on 13 Feb 2004 06:04:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Samba/DNS question

sean finney wrote:

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 05:56:13PM -0500, Paul wrote:

DNS servers have static IPs. The addresses of the servers may be provided to a client with a DHCP lease, so if a server's address changes the clients are updated automatically. Dynamic DNS wouldn't hurt either.

it's worth mentioning that you can pass WINS server addresses via dhcp as well (in ISC dhcpd, at least).

That's actually what I meant to convey. I don't know if a modem/router could do it. But, it way overkill anyway.