Paul on 25 Feb 2004 12:49:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Win Word through Wine

McLinux wrote:

I have managed to install wine on my linux box. It could run some of application as WinZip, Trillian (without MSN), Paint, MS Excel, however it could not run Word. Has anyone tried Word through Wine? Some may have question as why not use OpenOffice... I did try this, but the formatting used to get wile (Official file have to be in word format!) and hence I am looking for this option...

OK, you explained the need to run Word, but what about Paint, WinZip, and Excel? (I don't know what Trillian is.) I hope you were just running Paint as your inital test.