gabriel rosenkoetter on 26 Feb 2004 00:44:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Job Opening in Maryland for Security Researcher (fwd)

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 05:13:12PM -0500, Chad Waters wrote:
> Quite a commute from Philly (or me in Northern VA).

I *did* point that out. :^>

For one thing, people from a slightly wider area than Philadelphia,
Delaware, and Montgomery counties plus South Jersey read this
mailing list (for a variety of resons), and for another, if you're
really desperate in a slow job market, you may be willing to make
that drive or plausibly even relocate. (I've done DC->Philly in
1.5 hours. Couldn't do that at rush hour, of course. I work with
someone who drives from north of Harrisburg to Bucks County daily,
which should be about the same drive time as this down to Maryland.)

> FYI, its in Annapolis Junction, MD. Right next to Fort Meade, which is where
> NSA is HQed. Could be work with them.

Such was suggested on Full-Disclosure, under the suggestion that
this was the NSA fishing for hackers. I don't believe that's the
case (though I haven't bothered to check the company out), but it's
quite probable that they're NSA contractors.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net