Michael Lazin on 26 Feb 2004 02:10:03 -0000

[PLUG] opengl trouble with fedora linux

I have a fedora linux box that I would like to play quake 3 for linux on. The default install does not seem to have 3D rendering enabled. I am using a geforce2 mx video card. I found an NVIDIA driver for linux and tried it out, and it worked great for quake until serious problems with the kernel showed up. I am not sure exactly what is going on, but I could not even open a terminal.

I am re-installing linux now for lack of a better idea what to do. Does anyone have a suggestion of how I could get opengl to work with this card on linux without making my system unstable?

Thanks,

Michael