Paul on 26 Feb 2004 02:10:06 -0000

Re: [PLUG] rationalizing .Mac web pages

gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

What's more, the people taking and posting the images just point
their mouse cursor at a folder and say "post this to my .Mac page".
Done, and done securely (hint, it's not Microsoft). In order for
them to use gallery as easily, they would need access to a web
server on which gallery was installed and they would need to know
how to transfer their files to that server through some arcane
incantation. Why? They want to USE the technology, not be used by
it.

Someone had to setup the .Mac stuff. Someone would also have to setup Gallery. I guess .Mac wins because they got there first.

Oh, well... At least Jeff has the power of Perl to make his life more enjoyable.

(This doesn't really matter... There is a thing called Gallery Remote which allows drag-and-drop uploading, but that might only work in Window$. The usual interface is an HTML dialog box which can do batch uploads.)