gabriel rosenkoetter on 26 Feb 2004 00:39:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] rationalizing .Mac web pages

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 04:44:41PM -0500, Paul wrote:
> Yes!  That's what Linux people try to do every day!  :-p

That's ridiculous. No sensible IT person would recommend altering a
working system because the form of the output wasn't quite what some
third party wanted unless that third party was going to pay for the
time to implement the change.

> To me the Mac solution sounds more like a typical M$ solution.

So what? It works! Works great! Jeff can view the images just fine
the way things are. He just isn't a huge fan of the *exact* way in
which .Mac presents those images.

What's more, the people taking and posting the images just point
their mouse cursor at a folder and say "post this to my .Mac page".
Done, and done securely (hint, it's not Microsoft). In order for
them to use gallery as easily, they would need access to a web
server on which gallery was installed and they would need to know
how to transfer their files to that server through some arcane
incantation. Why? They want to USE the technology, not be used by
it.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net