Paul on 25 Feb 2004 19:06:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] rationalizing .Mac web pages

gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 01:52:57AM -0500, Paul wrote:

Where are the images stored? Can't you tell wget to just grab *.JPG files?

How would you go about finding out the urls for the "*.JPG files"?

Note that wget explicitly does NOT parse the files it retrieves.

I guess you could manually parse one line to find the location of the jpegs, then grab the files with your favorite file transfer method. Since the files are likely to be kept in a single directory, there is no need for a script to loop, parse, etc..

why not just use the earlier suggestion of using Gallery to create your slideshow? http://gallery.menalto.com/ (Requires PHP. Batteries not included.)

... which is still solving a problem that Jeff doesn't have.

I told you that I would more than likely be way off! But, maybe using Gallery in the future would help to avoid the original problem?