Beldon Dominello on 29 Feb 2004 22:48:02 -0000

[PLUG] Debian question

I just started runnin AGNULA (formerly Demudi), which is based on Debian
(Woody).  And I have a problem which seems simple, but it's not.

I need to stop my X-Server from starting.  Normally, I would go into /etc/
inittab and set the runlevel to something other than it's default.
Unfortunately, the runlevel's default is 2 which for some strange reason
includes X.  I changed the default in inittab, but X tried to come up anyway,
which freezes the computer utterly (which is why I need to stop it and do
some troubleshooting).

Any help would be appreciated!

	-Beldon

--
I'm not pompous, I'm pedantic.  There's a difference.