sean finney on 29 Feb 2004 23:13:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Debian question

hi deldon,

an easier way than changing your runlevel would be to just remove the
startup scripts from your runlevel's directory.  if this distro is
really based off of debian,

update-rc.d -f remove xdm

will probably do the trick (assuming it's xdm, and not kdm, gdm,
or some other graphical login manager)

otherwise, just look for scripts in /etc/rc*.d/ that look like
SNNxdm (or kdm, gdm, et c), and rename them to something like
sNNxdm, which will "deactivate" them the next time you go into
that runlevel.

hth
	sean