Kevin Brosius on 4 Mar 2004 23:25:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] location of fstab in SuSE 9.0

> >Still in /etc/fstab ... He must have missed it. Here's fstab and mtab
> >on my SuSE 9.0 box (and it's the same on all versions of SuSE that I've
> >used... back through 6.x something.)
> >
> >-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 575 2004-01-09 13:39 /etc/fstab
> >-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 337 2004-03-01 18:32 /etc/mtab
> >
> >He shouldn't have to do a search. :)
> >
> >Although yast2 is equally good at editing the mounted disk partitions,
> >and provides a decent user interface. Any reason he should not use the
> >config tool?
> >
> >--
> >Kevin
>
> Thanks for the help! He is a total linux newbie, I don't have access to
> a SuSE machine, and I've pretty much forgotten how yast2 works. So,
> knowing that the partition in question would be /dev/hdb1, I thought it
> would be easier to edit the file myself and email it back to him. But if
> there's a straightforward option in the GUI tool, maybe I'll try to coach
> him thru it on the phone.

It's under System | Partitioner in yast2, although looking at it again I
think you might be better off editing the fstab file and sending it back
to him...  It's a pretty good tool, but I'm not sure I'd trust myself to
help someone new use it over the phone.

--
Kevin