kaze on 5 Mar 2004 04:35:03 -0000

[PLUG] Can someone explain this ssh behavior?

When I ssh over the Internet from home to this Linux box I'm setting up as a
SpamAssassin server elsewhere the session just hangs there, and will
timeout.

If I remotely access a Windows box at that same location and ssh with the
Putty client to the box I'm one router hop away and can log in fine. Once
this ssh session (from the Windows box at the same location) is up, the
original one from home directly to the box will work - even if I start the
one from home first it just hangs there, but once the local one logs in the
remote one pops up with the logon prompt.

What's going on here? Is this by design or just some weirdness?

- Zake