Jason Schadel on 11 Mar 2004 04:59:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [OT ... umm not really ] Buying New Hardware, Suggestions Please!

McLinux wrote:

Hi All,

I appreciate the advise put forward so freely. However I have a request, please refrain from recommending hardware which don't have drivers for GNU/Linux. I hardly switch to Windoze and hence any such binding on Windoze will be hurting really hard. In fact the mpeg conversion of Kino and mpeg utils (I am not pretty clear of this name) is really good and much better than what I saw in Windoze, hence I wont be really going any h/w meant specifically for Win32.

TIA.

Regards,
McLinux

I was never suggesting to switch back over to windows. I was simply suggesting something I was considering buying because it was cheap, had the features I wanted, and had linux support. The best thing to do is do some research because only you know exactly the support you need and who you feel is worthy of your almighty dollar. So my recommendation stands with the nforce2 chipset.

Jason