Jeff Abrahamson on 11 Mar 2004 13:31:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] emacs colors

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 12:26:22AM -0500, William H. Magill wrote:
> Which file is used depends on your setup and implementation. Either
> ~/.Xresources or ~/.Xdefaults should be read by your X11 setup. The
> keywords are in the emacs man page. As Walt mentioned, the color names
> can be found in the /lib/X11/rgb.txt file.
>
> ! ---------------------------------------------------------------------*
> Emacs*font:
> -adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--14-140-75-75-m-90-iso8859-1
> ! emacs*font:                           7x14
> Emacs.geometry:                         82x55+1+150
> Emacs*borderWidth:                      1
> Emacs*iconName:                         emacs
>
> Emacs*reverseVideo:                     off
> Emacs*bitmapIcon:                       on
> Emacs*internalBorder:                   1
> Emacs*foreground:                       black
> #ifdef COLOR
> Emacs*background:                       LightBlue
> !                       dec's slate gray
> ! emacs*background:                     #A8A8A8A8A8A8
> !                       DEC blue
> ! emacs*background:                     #5F5F9292E9E9
> !                       motif green on Tektronix
> ! emacs*background:                     #5F5FADADAEAE
> !                       Tektronix "cadet blue" should equal "motif
> green".
> ! emacs*background:                     CadetBlue
> !
> Emacs*borderColor:                      yellow
> Emacs*cursorColor:                      red
> Emacs*pointerColor:                     red
> #endif

Thanks, but that much I've got.  What, though, controls the various
colors displayed in a perl, sh, or C file, which has lots of syntax
highlighting in fontlock mode.  (The fontlock documentation in emacs'
info entry didn't help me here, and I haven't found anything useful by
googling.)

--
 Jeff