Walt Mankowski on 12 Mar 2004 15:06:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [OT] Postage on EMail?

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 09:49:28AM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> This is relatively complicated, but the complexity is largely handled
> by software.  It has the nice features that it specifies a protocol
> but not an implementation or a vendor.  It allows any MTA, MUA, MDA,
> and micropayment entity of the users' choices.

Interesting.  It also has the advantage of having the micropayments go
directly from sender to receiver without having to, say, buy estamps
from Microsoft.  Though I suppose if this ever took off they'd be
jumping into the micropayment arena...

Walt