Matthew Ozor on 15 Mar 2004 16:28:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Problem resolving address

I got it working by using the HOST file. Do you think that comcast is
blocking the site or removed it from there DNS.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Matthew Ozor
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 11:07 AM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] Problem resolving address

Ok here is my problem:

There is a domain name that my computer can't resolve:

fake.com

but I can get to the same site by using:

fake.hostcomp.com

They both have the same IP address and I tested this on a bunch of
computers and only my one machine can't resolve fake.com. My computer is
direct connected by cable modem and no firewalls or routers are running.
The fake.com is running different server on different ports and I can't
get to any. If I ping fake.com it says : "unknown host fake.com"
Ping'ing fake.hostcomp.com does work.

The machine is a Windows ME so please no bashing as it my Gf's computer
and Linux doesn't have Zoo tycoon :-)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Matthew Ozor
www.ozor.net