Branimir Vasilic on 26 Mar 2004 06:57:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Max file size in different fs.

> I am using Red Hat 9.0 kernel 2.4.20-8. I need to some very large media
> files. I was wondering how much (max) file size can ext2/3, xfs, jfs can

Here's a useful link:

http://www.jetico.com/linux/bcrypt-help/l_requi.htm

The manuals for SuSE 8.2 pro also have a good list of file system specs.
How big are your files? The file size limits are pretty huge. The harder limit
is the 2TB maximum for any device. If you need really large filesystems you
might want to use a distro with a 2.6 kernel (SuSE 9.1 is coming out in May
and will support 2.6).

 Brana