Jeff Abrahamson on 7 Apr 2004 17:41:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Keysigning at May 2004 PLUG meeting

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 12:48:32PM -0400, Darian Anthony Patrick wrote:
>   [29 lines, 155 words, 1173 characters]  Top characters: _nitaors
>
> I'm interested in keysigning at the May 2004 meeting but I have a couple
> of questions.
>
> May I have more than one key signed?  I use one for
> dapatrick@darianpatrick.com and one for
> dapatrick-lists@darianpatrick.com.

You can also use a single key with multiple identities.

Walt is an example of this:

    gpg --recv-keys 67A7B584
    gpg --list-keys 67A7B584

> I realize that I can extend the date of validity for my public
> keys(s) but how does this fit in as far as the signed key that will
> exist in the PLUG (and other) public keyring(s)?  Do I just allow
> everyone to go out and seek an updated key from public keyservers?
> Contact directly holders of keyrings which I know to contain my key?
> Revoke and issue another one?

You probably don't want to expire keys, as you lose the signatures you
have acquired.  You can always revoke if necessary.

Some people expire subkeys, but your master (signing) key usually you
don't expire.

I upload my key to servers so that others may download it.  A few
people are particular about where they will let their key be
uploaded.  For most of us, though, it suffices to upload once, the
keyservers share data.

--
 Jeff