M.Simons on 16 Apr 2004 22:11:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] How to check bandwidth usage remotely via command-line?

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Mike Leone wrote:
> Matthew Ozor (mtozor@yahoo.com) had this to say on 04/16/04 at 13:45:
> > Can you see current incoming and outgoing transfers
> > from the command line and get there rate?
> Exactly.
> More generally - foret starting the huge download. I connect in via SSH. I
> wanna know how much of my bandwidth is in use at the moment (perhaps I'm

Well, if you were just talking about the huge download... I might ask if
the software you are using (or could use) would tell you the information
you want to know.

If so, I would ask, is there a CLI tool you can use that would also tell
you the information you want while downloading the file rather than a GUI
tool you currently use to download the file?  Run the tool in a screen
session, and when you ssh in, you could reattach to that screen session
and get the info you want to know.

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY www.michaelsimons.com
Need Stuff? Got Stuff?: Please Take Materials Exchange: www.pleasetake.org