MJH on 22 Apr 2004 20:45:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Switching from Cable to DSL

On Thursday 22 April 2004 4:37 pm, Chris wrote:

> I wish for the glory days of DSL with a static IP and a free wheeling TOS.

Well it depends what you mean by "free wheeling TOS". DCA doesn't seem to care
much what I run as long as I'm not spamming and I pay my bills. Speakeasy
apparently actively encourages people to provide wireless hotspots.

You can get static IPs from any of several DSL providers if you are willing to
pay a little extra for it (I'm using three of my possible six so far).
There's a couple of Verizon resellers in the area (dca being one, I forget
what the others I found when I was looking where), though you need to have a
CO with a Covad line in it if you want Speakeasy (mine doesn't).