Paul on 23 Apr 2004 04:42:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Switching from Cable to DSL

Bob Schwier wrote:

Okay, I just wish those of you blessed with DSL or cable lines have some
sympathy for those of us with really crummy landlines when you write
programs for web sites. I'm getting tired of forever loads. Part of my
personal problem is that my browser conveniently rejects those popup ads
but doesn't tell me that while trying to dredge up the site. It has
increased to twenty minutes to get some sites.
This is a real drag.

I have empathy for you. Any good Web site should be fast to load, offering visitors to choose to see or hear high-bandwidth content if they wish.