MJH on 29 Apr 2004 17:22:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Newbie: help with setting up gateway

On Thursday 29 April 2004 1:05 pm, Dan Widyono wrote:

> Say, I thought RH moved away from using ipchains by default?  Perhaps
> that's Fedora...

They have. You can still install ipchains if you want it, but it's not there
by default (which is why Douglas couldn't find it).

> More info at
> 	http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/text/Masquerading-Simple-HOWTO

If that's not sufficient, there's a generic basic masquerading setup script
(which I adapted for my firewall) I can probably find the link for.

I believe the next PLUG meeting is about iptables too. :)

--
That would be rather like the "tac-nuke of dusting". Effective, but somewhat
overkill.