Jeff Abrahamson on 4 May 2004 16:33:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] gnuplot

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 08:30:26AM -0400, Ben Dugan wrote:
>   [22 lines, 71 words, 591 characters]  Top characters: _toinls\n
>

> > I'm plotting matrices (think of them as 2-D scalar fields) in gnuplot:
> >
> >     splot 'data.txt' matrix
> >
> > I want to color points with z>z0 a different color, for some z0.
> >
> > Anyone know an easy way to do this?
>
> If you got a solution to this, could you post it?

Hi, Ben.

The only solution appears to be via an auxiliary scripting language:
pull the matrix apart and write out two point files which I then plot
separately.

This would be easy to write, of course, but I never got around to it.
I knew when I posted the question that the answer was going to be for
next time for me, as I was on the verge of submitting a report when I
posted.

--
 Jeff

 A cool book of games, highly worth checking out:
 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1931686963/purple-20