Chris on 6 May 2004 20:52:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] sendmail help

This is a shot in the dark, but are you authenticating yourself when sending
mail? Also, some domains may not accept mail from a residential IP.

Just a low-tech $0.02

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Mattison, Jacob
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 4:44 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] sendmail help

So I'm trying to get sendmail working on my RedHat 9 box.  I don't need to
be able to receive mail; I just want to be able to send it out.  I've got a
bare minimum sendmail.cf.  When I try to send an email to
jmattison@uarts.edu, it says "unrecognized host name uarts.edu".  Now, I
have uarts.edu in my host file (pointing to the nameserver by IP) and I have
the nameserver in my resolv.conf file.  I can ping or ssh to things in my
domain by name.  But sendmail apparently can't resolve the address.

I don't know what I'm doing.  Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Jacob