Paul on 13 May 2004 07:25:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] seeks a career clue (please don't flame)

kaze wrote:

Just a few days ago in the car I caught the end of an ad for Microsoft
training; just like the car financing ads they have a few fast talking
caveats at the end. What I was glad to hear was, "Actual salary may vary
with experience."

I can't believe they actually tacked some truth onto the end of the commercial. I never had M$ training, but I became an MCSE (NT4). It kind of bugs me when I tell someone, "yeah, I can do all this great stuff and I know Linux," but the only thing that gets a really positive response is, "oh, and I am an MCSE." Really?! Great! Like nothing means anything unless Micro$oft has dubbed it important. Freakin' idiots! :-) I had passed the MCSE tests with a fraction of what I knew about computers back then. The good news is that M$ marketing tactics do give some value to the MCSE certification.

BTW, searches for C and C++ jobs do produce results. If you can't find a job doing C or C++, there must be another problem. (I bet I have more problems than you have.)