Jeff Abrahamson on 21 May 2004 12:56:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] (Slightly OT) Personal Websites?

Hmm, I missed the keyword popup the first time around, galeon didn't
show it well.  Oh, I see now, in mozilla there's a background that
galeon didn't show.  (For some reason galeon doesn't show background
colors.)

But I also didn't understand what the keyword box was for.  I typed
"photo" and got a google search on the word "photo!"  I was expecting
to find photos of you.  (I gather, from what you wrote below, that you
changed it, but it's apparently not really keywords on your site
anymore.)

The site is much clearer when the background shows up.  Looks slick.

The navigations is pretty obscure, though, in text mode or when color
isn't fully available.  You might consider providing alt tags for your
images, especially the navigation ones.

-Jeff

ps: The quoting below dropped the URL under discussion, it is
    http://www.chrisbovasso.com/

pps: Don't design for a browser, design for the web.  You may test it
     primarily in MSIE because that's what you have, but be careful
     not to succumb to the temptation to then dismiss comments about
     display in other browsers.

ppps: Glad you're making a site, though.  It's very convenient, I
      find, to have such brief bits about people.  The Internet is so
      anonymous, it at least puts faces and humanity to people, even
      if we otherwise don't know each other.