JP Toto on 21 May 2004 17:12:04 -0000

[PLUG] Backing Up .maildirs

I recently setup my home email solution using postfix, courier-imap,
fetchmail, procmail, and squirrelmail w/ apache. The solution works great
and I have fetchmail pulling all my accounts down to one set of imap
folders for easy access on my lan.

The question I have is: What are some good backup solutions for .maildir
email setups? I supposed I could just write a script to tar my .maildir
directory every once in awhile. Is this typical? I don't have any formal
unix/linux sysadmin experience so Im just looking for some advice/ideas on
what is typically employed to backup .maildirs. Thanks for any advice!!

---
JP Toto
ViceClown@yahoo.com
jtoto@member.fsf.org