Jeff Abrahamson on 21 May 2004 19:50:03 -0000

[PLUG] ssh key question

I want to create several ssh keys for use on different machines.

Having generated

    id_dsa
    id_dsa.pub
    id_rsa
    id_rsa.pub

    id_dsa.foo
    id_dsa.foo.pub
    id_rsa.foo
    id_rsa.foo.pub

and copying public keys *foo.pub to authorized keys on the remote
host, I am still asked for my password.  I've tried this on machines
where I know this works for others.  Indeed, it works for me if I copy
id_dsa.pub or id_rsa.pub instead.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  I RTFM and I think this should work.

Thanks.

--
 Jeff

 A cool book of games, highly worth checking out:
 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1931686963/purple-20