Michael Leone on 31 May 2004 22:27:03 -0000

[PLUG] [Fwd: Mention Usenix Conference at Meeting?]

I received this request last week. Altho Peter has the date of our
meeting wrong, it's still a good announcement for PLUG members.

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Peter Mui <pmui@usenix.org>
To: turgon@mike-leone.com
Subject: Mention Usenix Conference at Meeting?
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:34:29 -0700

Hi Mike:

Can you please mention at the June 6 meeting that USENIX is holding its
Annual Technical Conference in Boston June 27-July 2? They'll be lots
of linux activities and training at the conference. Also: is the
conference announcement below an appropriate posting to the group?  We
don't want to be perceived as spamming. (Question: can we post directly
or can you post it for us?)

There's a PDF flier for the conference available at:
http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix04/usenix04.pdf
It is two pages, designed to be printed double-sided.

Are there other mechanisms we can use to get the message out to your
membership? Or let me know if I'm being harassing.

Thanks for any reply, -Peter

Peter Mui
USENIX Association
2560 9th Street STE 215
Berkeley, CA 94710
510 528 8649 ext. 28
pmui@usenix.org

(cut here)
Register NOW for the USENIX Annual Technical Conference (ATC) in Boston
June 27-July 2, 2004.

USENIX's Annual Technical Conference returns to Boston this summer with
top name instructors and presenters from academia and industry.
Conference Highlights include:

o  6 days of training with up to 30 tutorial offerings
o  Famous-name Plenary Sessions every day
o  2.5 days of General Sessions—original and innovative papers about
modern computing systems
o  2.5 days of FREENIX—a showcase for the latest developments in and
interesting applications of free and open source software
o  Five Full-day Special Interest Group (SIG) Sessions on Security,
UseLinux, UseBSD, Extreme Linux and Advanced System Administration.
o  "Guru Is In" Sessions  pose questions to noted experts in the
community.
o  Birds-of-a-Feather sessions (BoFs)
o  Special social events every evening

------
WHAT:    USENIX '04 Annual Technical Conference
WHEN:    June 27 to July 2, 2004
WHERE:   Boston, MA: Marriott Copley Place
WHY:     Great tutorials -- Unique Tech Sessions -- cutting-edge
computing issues, developments & resources
WHO:     Developers, architects, researchers, administrators, managers,
students: anyone interested in staying ahead of the curve
HOW:     Register Now at http://www.usenix.org/usenix04/progm

(Special Pricing: if five people register together they get $100 off
EACH!)