Matthew Ozor on 4 Jun 2004 17:00:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Network Troubles -Stalls and Really slow Xfers

I should have used 9 or just stuck with Mandrake10.
I've been reading alot of posts and it might be a
Kernel bug.. its an older one 2.4.18-14. I think my
best bet is to just update the whole system tonight.

At first I thought it was the vsftpd server so I
uninstalled that and download the wu-ftpd from
updates.redhat.com and it took about 20 minutes to get
a 300k file. Felt like I was using a 14.4k modem :-)

I hope its not hardware - the server has been dropped,
caught on fire, bad ps2 port, 3rd nic card, killed a
power supply, been shipped from , AZ to PA to OH - PA
:-)