Stephen Gran on 7 Jun 2004 16:01:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] DNS question (config reality check)

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 11:34:38AM -0400, Jeff Abrahamson said:
> Yes, host works as expected, as does dig +domain.  Thanks for the
> suggestions.
>
> How odd this all is, as I made no changes this morning when it
> suddenly stopped working properly.

I don't remember any recent upgrades or anything that should have changed
functionality, so we can probably rule that out.  I am not sure,
however, that dig ever worked for unqualified names without the +domain
switch - did it really?  If it did, I never knew about it :)
|  Stephen Gran                  | 'Course, that doesn't work when 'a'     |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | contains parentheses.              --   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | Larry Wall in                           |
|  			         | <199710211647.JAA17957@wall.org>        |