Paul L. Snyder on 11 Jun 2004 22:01:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Capturing window images

Quoting "Paul L. Snyder" <plsnyder@drexel.edu>:

> Quoting "Eric S. Raymond" <esr@snark.thyrsus.com>:
>
> > There is some magic GNOME key sequence that pops up a dialog box offering
> > to collect a graphic dump of the currently focused window.  I believe
> > this because I occasionally key it by accident, but I don't know what
> > it is.  Can any GNOME expert tell me?
>
> I think GNOME apes Windows here...try Alt-PrtSc for the focused window,
> PrtSc for the full desktop.

Some further info:

GNOME keybindings are configurable through the "Keyboard
Shortcuts" Preferences dialog, and it's somewhat informative
to poke through them.  I've just discovered that Ctrl-Alt-d is
bound to "Hide all windows and focus desktop", which is a
feature that I've been wanting.

You can also take a screenshot through the Action menu, add
a screenshot button to your panel, or run 'gnome-panel-screenshot'
by hand.  Refer to the Help button on a "Save Screenshot"
dialog near you.

Cheers,
pls