gabriel rosenkoetter on 16 Jun 2004 21:09:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] "top-quoting"

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 04:38:18PM -0400, George Gallen wrote:
> IMO, you should post in the order that was first started. If top
> posting was started, then continue, otherwise, then it will really
> get out of hand.

Yet another reason that top-replies are bad: it's a fragile system.
If anyone doesn't adhere, the chain falls apart. That's not true
with the traditional approach, since context is always kept right
with the text that applies to it. Even if you top reply, I can keep
doing what I'm doing and it'll still make sense.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net