Magnus Hedemark on 21 Jun 2004 13:37:02 -0000

[PLUG] JOB: Linux/Windows in King of Prussia

Please send replies/resumes to mhedemark@trueposition.com

I have just given my notice today at TruePosition, Inc. as I am moving on
to greener pastures.  I am leaving on good terms and hoping to find
someone to be a useful replacement for me before I'm gone.  Needless to
say, this is going to need to get filled ASAP.

This is a small/medium sized company, about 500 users in all, and growing
very rapidly.  My position is hard to nail down with a title.

Job is about 50% Linux administration (RHEL 3) and 50% Windows support.
In between there is a lot of work to be done in the way of network &
system security, network infrastructure work, wireless
(802.1b & 802.11g) administration and security.

You should be familiar with Red Hat flavored distributions.  You should be
familiar with Yum and Kickstart.  Big pluses for OpenNMS, Ethereal,
Nessus.

You should be competent with at least one scripting language.  The scripts
you will be maintaining are primarily bash but write new ones in whatever
language you prefer.

Big bonus points if you are competent with Cisco routers & catalyst
switches.  You will also be responsible for several outside-facing servers
running OpenBSD for VPN, firewall, DNS, etc.

This person will be working in a high pressure environment.  Typical work
week is 45-50 hours.  While the pressure is high, this is a small MIS shop
with room for you to make lots of strategic decisions about architecture.
You will be the only Linux person in the MIS department.

Again, send resumes to mhedemark@trueposition.com please.  This one will
go fast.

--Magnus