Art Alexion on 23 Jun 2004 13:29:02 -0000

[PLUG] enigmail broken?

I used Leroy Cressey's how-to to set up enigmail/gnupg/mozilla and everything was working fine. I recently upgraded from the beta Mozilla 1.7b to the final release version 1.7. (Latest release version of Enigmail, 0.84.1.0, supposed to work with mozilla 1.7 & 1.7b) Enigmail looked like it was working right, but it seemed to skip signing about 2/3 of the messages.

The only way to get it to sign consistently is to use pgp/mime, rather than ascii armor. I prefer using armor by default because the attachment that Outlook users get with pgp/mime freaks them out.

In trying to repair this, I tried to upgrade enigmail but found that I have the latest version. I also followed the instructions on the site to delete the XUL.mflt file from the profile directory.

Any suggestions for getting armor to work consistently?

--

art Alexion