Paul on 28 Jun 2004 15:43:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Bounced E-Mails

Tobias DiPasquale wrote:

On Monday 28 June 2004 10:56, Paul wrote:
| The one thing that *I* should be able to do, I can't do.  This is the
| response I got from GoDaddy about adding an SPF record for my domain:

Actually, I was wrong before. If you ran your own mailserver _and_ it used VERP techniques, you could absolutely ignore joe-jobbed bounces. See this page for details:

http://cr.yp.to/proto/verp.txt

qmail (obviously) supports this, as well as Postfix, I believe.

I think is a misunderstanding. I'm not looking to block bounces. I want to enable participating (in SPF) mail servers to reject forged mail from my domain. Actually, at this, point, they should reject all mail from my domain.