Paul on 28 Jun 2004 20:49:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Bounced E-Mails

Tobias DiPasquale wrote:

Right, I understand that, but this prevents you from having to see the bounces until everyone gets with SPF/DomainKeys/whatever. For both SPF and VERP you need to be running your own MTA or have a clueful hosting provider, which it sounds like you don't have, so you're SOL right now. My previous post had said that there wasn't much you could do about forge-caused bounces, and I was just indicating that I was incorrect about that.

Ah. I see.

Interestingly, since I created a seperate catch-all address and reorganized my forwarding, I haven't been receiving many bounces. However, for an equally mysterious reason, mail being sent from a specific person (one so far) is being rejected when it is sent *to* my domain.

Hey, could I create my own DNS server and use my registrar's DNS server as a secondary, backup server?