MJH on 6 Jul 2004 16:40:05 -0000

[PLUG] job posting

The company I work for (www.meritind.com) is hiring linux folks. Here's the
official blurb from HR. Don't send applications to me (I'm not HR, see
address below) but I might be able to answer the odd question (offlist).

APPLICATION DEVELOPER

Merit Industries, Inc., located in suburban Philadelphia, the leading
developer and manufacturer of touch screen coin-op video games (with more
than 90% market share) has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated
individual to join Software Development Group.

The position will help design our next generation web applications.  It
entails a broad array of work including C++, Perl, Java programming, n-tier
web development, and database design.

We seek a skilled Linux programmer who has developed database-driven, C or C++
applications in a Unix/Linux environment.  Experience with a variety of
programming languages is required.  Knowledge of relational database software
such as MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQLite is essential.  Excellent communication
and documentation skills are vital.  Experience with legacy code maintenance
is necessary.  Successful candidate will demonstrate detail orientation as
well as the ability to multi-task, work independently and change gears
quickly.

Experience in SQL, XML, JavaScript, PHP and/or HTML, knowledge of relational
database design/normalization techniques and the ability to effectively
interact with third party developers are desirable.  BS in Computer Science
is a plus.

We offer an excellent benefits package that includes health/dental, life,
disability, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays and sick/personal leave.  Merit
Industries is a business casual dress work environment.

We will not consider any candidates requiring relocation.

Interested and qualified individuals should submit their resume, with cover
letter and salary history (required for consideration), to:
jobs3@meritind.com