John Lavin on 7 Jul 2004 01:27:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Gnome - xcdroast - what's burn:///

To answer your question: Is it the cd writer?  I'd say yes.

Michael Leone said:
> I'm honestly curious - a name brand Sony 52X IDE CD-RW is like $50
> (after rebate) - non-name brands are probably less. Wouldn't it make
> more sense to just junk that clunker and get a new one, rather than
> spend so much on blown CDs, and your time? (I'll go out on a limb here,
> and presume that your time is worth something, at least).

I agree - I messed around with an old 2x ATAPI writer for more time than
I'd like to admit. I ditched a while ago for a good 24x Plexwriter and
never looked back.  A 50-cd spindle later and no wasted CDs.  Sony
should work well for you as well.

--
John Lavin <jlavin@wayreth.net> http://www.wayreth.net                  ,''`.
Fingerprint: B0AA 4A33 D43F BA67 E524  22F3 DA3B F8C8 2BA4 8C46        : :' :