cms on 7 Jul 2004 14:35:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] administrivia: PLUG domain names, and donation requests

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 00:16, Michael C. Toren wrote:
> Hi,
Hello,

> As some of you already know, for the past few years Darxus and I have
> been paying for and maintaining the phillylinux.com, .net, and .org
> domain names.  It's a service we're happy to provide to the PLUG
> community, but one whose cost adds up over time.  Recently two of the
> domains were up for renewal again, and we've decided to ask for small,
> individual contributions at the PLUG meeting tomorrow to help offset
> the cost.

-- snip--

> I will only accept donations in person, at PLUG meetings which it has
> been previously announced donations will be requested.  I will only
> accept donations in amounts between $1 and $10, and in increments of $1.
> I will stop accepting donations if a limit of $100 is reached, which is
> the approximate cost of the three domain names for two years at current
> exchange rates, plus or minus $10 or so.  Immediately following a
> meeting at which donations were requested, I'll post a message to the
> list documenting how much money was received, from how many donors, and,
> at the discretion of each individual donor, their names.  When money
> raised from donations is spent on domain name renewals, I'll similarly
> post to the list documenting how much was spent, and for which domains.

I have school every Wednesday evening so getting to the PLUG meetings is very
difficult--not to mention the 70 minute drive. I would love to contribute, I
just wish there was a way aside from in person at this evening's meeting. I'd
even mail you money--even though its usually a no-no.

> Thanks,
> -mct

No, Thank You.
Chris Shanahan