Paul on 12 Jul 2004 05:36:02 -0000

[PLUG] VoIP Conclusion

OK, I came to the following conclusion based mostly on the feedback from PLUG: VoIP is great if one has another phone as a backup. I want to be able to reach a real 911 operator without another problem in addition to my emergency! Pricewise, VoIP is still a good deal. I could have a VoIP line and a standard phone line and it would still cost *less* than the MCI plan that I have now, assuming the standard line is only used to local calls, emergencies, or as a fax line. (Hey, I like the fax idea.)

Thanks everyone.